Dr. Dasari Prasada Rao
Chairman and Cardiac Surgeon
Indo-US Super Speciality Hospital
Dr. Dasari Prasada Rao, Chairman and Cardiac Surgeon at Indo-US Super Speciality Hospital
Dr. Prasada Rao returned to India in 1985 after training in New Zealand and England and joined the Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad where he was associated with the first Coronary Bypass Surgery in Andhra Pradesh in 1985. He has been singularly responsible for rapid strides in Cardio-thoracic Surgery in general and Coronary Bypass Surgery in particular in Andhra Pradesh. He pioneered surgical procedures and academic programmes, which later became popular and routine, putting Andhra Pradesh on the Cardio-thoracic Surgery map of the country.His success in new procedures inspired many an institution. He trained Cardio-thoracic Surgeons in various procedures and pioneered Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery, Beating Heart Surgery, Radial Artery Grafts in Bypass Surgery. He also served as Secretary for the Indian Association of Cardiovascular-thoracic Surgeons from 1998 to 2004 and Past President of the Association.
- 2007 – Heart Transplantation in NIMS
- 2004 – Heart Transplantation
- 2001 – Left Ventricular Assist Devices
- 1996 – Beating Heart Surgery
- 1994 – Radial Artery Grafting in Coronary Bypass Surgery.
- 1985 – First Coronary Bypass Surgery in Andhra Pradesh at NIMS developed.
Dr. K. Sarat Chandra
Dr. K. Sarat Chandra, Consultant Cardiologist, Interventional Cardiology
- MBBS: 1976-81, Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
- Internship: KING GEORGE Hospital, Vizag. 82
- M.D. (Medicine): PGI, Chandigarh, 1983-85
- Registrar (MED): PGI, Chandigarh, 1986-87
- D.M. (Cardiology): PGI, Chandigarh, July 87-June 89
- Dr. K. Sarat Chandra has been awarded Life time achievement award by World Congress on Clinical, Preventive & Geriatric Cardiology during its annual congress held from 2nd to 4th October 2009 at New Delhi for outstanding contribution in the field of Clinical & Preventive Cardiology.
- It was presented by His Excellency, Tejendra Khanna, Honble Lt. Governor of Delhi and Honble Health Minister, Govt. of NCT Delhi, Dr.Kiran Walia.
- Dr. K. Sarat Chandra has been awarded Vaidya Siromani award by Tyagaraya Gana Sabha on 01.07.2010
Dr. Seshgiri Rao D
Dr. Seshgiri Rao D, Cardiologist
- MD ,DM
- Dr. D.Seshgiri Rao senior professor and former head of the department of Cardiology, NIMS joined as a director in Indo US Super specialty Hospital, Ameerpet after 28 years of service in Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences.
- He came to the rescue of the Department of Cardiology in 1993 when a big team of 13 cardiologists left the institution suddenly.He developed it to the present state with national and international recognition.
- He was instrumental in doing more than 40000 cardiac procedures and responsible for doing 5 procedure for the first time in the country and some of them for the first time in Asia.
- He trained more than 100 cardiologists in the country and also abroad.
- He was the first interventional cardiologist chosen by C3 conference in Baltimore USA to transmit live cases through satellite from NIMS for two consecutive years.
- Winner of many awards including prestigious Pride of India leadership award by his excellency Sri Anirudh Jagannadh, President of Mauritius for his contribution to Interventional Cardiology.
- Great teacher and taught many postgraduates and published many papers in international and national journals.
- Organized more than 200 free cardiac check-up camps in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana and helped many poor and deserving patients by treating them with interventional procedures